Color SwagObelisk Home
It seems having a healthy amount of “color swag” is a prerequisite at Obelisk Home. It’s fair to say, we use of the whole big box of crayons everyday. Color is our favorite design tool, but we know not everyone exudes such color confidence.
This color-filled July we’re revealing our color crushes and sharing a few “color clues” with you–that you might boldly embrace color like never before.
• Examine your wardrobe for signs of colors you are consistently drawn to.
• Recall your most enjoyable vacation. Were you by the deep blue sea, or enjoying an earthy desert landscape?
• What’s your favorite time of day? Bright sunny morning or the darkest wee hours of the night?
• When do you spend the most time at home? Are you home to relax and unwind, or are you buzzing with activities?
• Where do you live? In a hot spot or chill zone.
• Do you enjoy the occasional gray cloudy day or need bright light to feel your best?
• What’s your favorite season? Love falling leaves, springtime flowers, bold summer prints, or serene
• snow fall?
• Who is your favorite interior or fashion designer? What’s their signature palette?
• Had a color crush on a great boutique? Restaurant, spa or hotel space?
• Do you find some wall colors depressing, cloying, aggressive, depleting or anxiety producing?
• Inversely, do other colors seem calming, uplifting, energizing, comforting or just plain prettier?
• Which colors look best on you?
• What was your favorite color as a kid?
• Do you have a happy memory of a room from your childhood?
As you can see there are plenty of color clues to help determine the right palette for you, and there is no right or wrong. Just right for right now.
Experiment, evolve and be open to change. The color palette from your Florida sunroom is probably not be right for your Soho loft. The color you loved when you were twelve may not be the right choice for you today. Just have fun. Color is the greatest design tool and literally a mood-altering drug.
Consider color a gift from the design gods. Like in that really “big box of crayons” you loved as a kid, there is a whole world of hues just waiting for you!